Welcome to the 2019 Season Gator Gab #1
NEW CHECK-IN PROCEDURES for 2019 Season
We ask that you bring your patience when coming to the pool while we adjust to the new procedures! If you do not upload your photos before you arrive (see instructions below), expect a delay for your family entering as we photograph those needed. We will be at the pool between 6:30-8:00 Friday evening if you would like to bring your family down to have us take your photos!
Franklin Knolls has transitioned to an online membership management system called Member Splash. It uses an online computerized method for Check-In. When you arrive at the pool, Front Desk staff will ask you for your Last name, and then First name if needed. (We are no longer using membership numbers to sign in.) Each family member present will be Checked-In and confirmed during the Check-In process. This process will take a few moments longer than in previous summers. All guests will also be Checked-In by Name and confirmed.
Our new check-in system uses head shots to verify member identities. Members are encouraged to upload their own pictures or they may have them taken at the front desk.
Please complete the following steps prior to coming to the pool for the first time this season (many of you have already completed some or all of these steps):
1. If you haven’t already, log into your account at https://franklinknolls.membersplash.com/
2. Enter your username. It is the primary users email address.
3. Enter the default password: fkgators (or your personal password, if you have already changed it).
4. If you haven’t already, change the default password to your personal password.
5. Update your Emergency Contact Information with a name and phone number.
6. Add additional family members by clicking the "+" next to the "Members" column. Please be sure to enter all of the members of your family, along with their birth date and email. This will streamline the check in process during your first visit.
7. Next, you can pay your membership dues, assessment fee, add a Nanny/Babysitter, and purchase guest passes. NOTE: there is a 2.9%convenience fee when paying with a credit card. You also have the option of paying by check, which will avoid the convenience fee. Regardless of payment method, click on "Make a Payment" in the top right corner. Click the appropriate check boxes for your purchase (i.e. membership fee, assessment, guest passes, etc.). Note that all members must pay the membership fee, capital improvement fee (if not already paid), and assessment (either $50 for this season or $250 for the entire assessment). Choose your payment method and click "Next."
8. If you are paying by check, you can either bring the check with you when you come to the pool, or you can mail the check to Franklin Knolls Pool, P.O. Box 3035, Silver Spring, MD 20918. Please DO NOT mail the check to the pool’s street address.
9. Upload your photos. Remember it should be a head shot or passport type photo. It can be a “selfie” type picture – you don’t have to go to CVS to get a passport photo! To upload your own picture simply click Edit next to the name of the member, then click on the Upload Picture button or simply drag the picture onto it. Please make sure that the picture is only of that particular member and is a head shot. You can crop images after uploading but they need to be properly oriented before uploading.
10. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE perform the above steps prior to coming to the pool this weekend. Being prepared when you get to the pool will save both you and the folks behind you in line A LOT of time, especially during the first couple of days of operation. If you have any questions or issues please reach out to our Membership contact, Dave Case, at FKPoolMembership@gmail.com.
Happy swimming, playing and chilaxin,
~Rosemary DiPietro and the 2019 FKP Board
Join FKP on Social Media:
Facebook: Like us: https://www.facebook.com/Franklinknollspool/
Instagram: Follow us: https://www.instagram.com/franklinknollspool
Twitter: Follow us: https://twitter.com/FranklinKnolls